Tickets in Autotask are used to track support issues, service requests, incidents, and problems for internal and external customers. Tickets are the primary entities used to manage your helpdesk.
Each ticket generated in Autotask is identified by a unique ticket number that incorporates the date on which it was created and an automatically incremented number. For example, T20220211.0006 represents the sixth ticket created on February 11, 2022.
Tickets can be classified as stand-alone entities or they can be part of a recurring series. If you perform the same service for a customer on a regularly recurring schedule, you have the option of creating a series of tickets all at once, rather than creating and scheduling each ticket separately.
Autotask tickets keep track of the following elements:
* The support or service description, timeline and resolution
* The customer and contact it is associated with
* The resource and/or queue assigned to work on it
* The billing contract that determines how labor on the ticket will be billed
* Any work performed and the current status of the ticket
* Any charges and expenses associated with the ticket
* Notes and file attachments
* Any service calls the ticket is assigned to