HOWTO Close Tickets while Bulk Closing Related Service Calls
In general, you can rely on Autotask to automatically close Service Calls if you set a Ticket to Complete. (You can read how to enable that setting in Autotask here.) However, you can also use Rocketship to bulk close Service Calls while completing a ticket (or at any other time).
Let’s walk through the Workflow for this:
- Create a new custom Workflow “Close Ticket & Service Calls”
- In the editor, click on Service Calls
- For Bulk Close, set “Ticket Service Call Close All” to enabled.
- Click on the Tickets tab.
- Set Resulting Ticket Status, set to Complete
- Click on the Publish tab.
- Enable Publishing
- Enable: Require Note
- Click Submit
This Workflow is now published to your team.
In the Ticket Insight, if you trigger this Workflow, it will force the user to enter a note and then the Workflow will close the ticket and all open service calls associated with the ticket.
Note, Workflows are queued, so it may take a few seconds.